The London 2012 Olympic Games schedule for Day 13 and New Zealand's main shots at medals come in the sailing and canoeing/kayaking. Our crews involved in Day 13 action are only outside chances for medals, making Day 13 a quietish one for New Zealand fans. We still have a few more realistic shots at medals, but they aren't until Day 14.
ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!! Here's what's happening tonight:
- Men's Decathlon continues and culminates: Brent Newdick doing OK but won't medal - starts at 8.00pm
- Taekwondo: Logan Campbell & Robin Cheong competing at 8.45pm and 10.00pm respectively in their Round of 16's
- Kayaking: Lisa Carrington/Erin Taylor in the final of the K2 500 at around 9.40pm. Outside medal chance but I'd pick 5th here
- Sailing: Men's 470 - possible but unlikely chance of medalling in the medal race at 12.00am. Currently lie 5th, will finish 4th I reckon
- Men's BMX: Quarter-Finals featuring Willers & Pickard at around 2.00am
- Women's Diving: The impressive women's 10m event has it's final at 6.00am
- Women's Football Gold Medal Match between USA & Japan @ 6.45am
- Women's Water-Polo Gold Medal Match between USA & Spain @ 7.00am
- Men's 800m Final @ 7.00am
- Men's 200m Final @ 7.55am (Bolt 1st, Blake 2nd)
- Men's Beach Volleyball Final: 8.00am.