Rhys Ifans played the more serious role of Dr Curt Connors in The Amazing Spider-man. Spike from Notting Hill was always in the back of my mind though!
Andrew Garfield (above) goes back to school after years in college roles!
I went and saw The Amazing Spider-Man tonight in a preview. I saw it in 3D and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe it was because it was free, but for once, I didn't fall asleep during a movie!
There are several questions that came to mind though following this movie.
1) Isn't it funny how the leading male character Andrew Garfield has gone from starring as a college (university student) in The Social Media in 2010, and Lions for Lambs in 2007 (this was a painful movie), but now in 2012 the nearly 29 year old Garfield is a student at high school. Emma Stone was in Superbad in 2007 and she is still a school student in 2012!
2) Did anyone else wonder why Dr Curt Connors played by Rhys Ifans was wearing overalls in bed when in his early days he became famous as the character of Spike on Notting Hill for wearing nothing but his underpants for the press. Surely he felt overdressed in the Amazing Spider-Man.
3) It was also great seeing Dennis Leary (comedian and Diego in Ice Age), Martin Sheen and Mrs Doubtfire's Sally Field.
4) Why is it that they are bringing out new Spider-man movies already when there were some made within the last ten years? I can't remember there being so many comic book character movies released as there is these days. Is this just a way of getting more revenue?
5) Why is it that any american movie involving high school or college uses Jans-Sport backpacks? Do they have a lucrative sponsorship deal?
6) I assume neither Spider-man or Dr Curt Connors have problems with warts! There is one scene where the liquid nitrogen is used in a battle. Some people pay good money for that kind of wart treatment.
7) An old picture of Martin Sheen as Peter Parker's uncle looked so like his real life sons Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen.
8) Why is it that I can't take Dennis Leary seriously in any role?
What did you think of the Amazing Spider-man movie? Are the Police really that afraid of change that they don't want his help? Who was speaking to Dr Curt Connors in the prison cell at the end? I wonder how Peter's chocolate milk tasted after the robbery scene?